Career and Program Description
This in an individualized certificate program designed to provide maximum flexibility for short-term educational opportunities targeted at specific occupational goals. The purpose of this program is to enable individuals to obtain employment, upgrade current workplace skills, maintain employment, and increase employability. A minimum 12 credits and a maximum of 44 and must be completed within 2 years.
Less than One-Year Certificate
Employment Skills Training
Prerequisites and Requirements
- All PCC college-level courses are eligible to be included in the certificate. Developmental or basic education courses may not be included as part of the certificate.
- An interview with an advisor or a faculty member in the career technical department is required to determine the individual’s career goals as they relate to employability and coursework.
- Submission of an Employment Skills Training (EST) application is required and follows the interview with faculty.
- “Next steps” for continuing the educational process will be discussed and reviewed by the student, the faculty advisor, and possibly the employer.
- Prerequisite requirements for each employment skills training certificate are determined by the career technical department.