Make Payment Arrangements

Student Account Helpline: Tel. 971-722-8888, option 3
Helpline hours Monday thru Thursday: 9am to 5pm; Friday: 9am to 4pm

Student Financial Responsibilities

You are expected to attend all classes in which you are enrolled. If you do not attend or stop attending classes and fail to personally drop by the drop deadline you will be responsible for all tuition and fees. You are responsible to pay all charges on your account by the payment due date, even if you do not receive a bill, or your account is being paid by another party.

Payment is due two weeks before the first day of term. If you enroll after that date, payment is due immediately. Bills are issued beginning three weeks before the term. You can see your balance or access your bill online in the MyPCC Paying for College tab.

The cost of credit classes is based on the number of credit hours. Credit hours for each course are listed in the class schedule. There are other fees that may apply during your time as a student. Oregon residents 62 and older may be eligible for free or discounted tuition for seniors.

Non-credit classes are priced individually. For tuition and fees, check each course listing in the online class schedule. You are responsible for paying your account in full, even if you do not receive a bill.

Residency and Tuition

Use the chart to determine your residency status and what type of tuition you will pay.

Residency Status Description Tuition
In-State Student American citizen or immigrant with a permanent resident status in Oregon, Idaho, California, Nevada and Washington Resident Tuition
Student with Non-Immigrant Visa Student holding an approved non-immigrant visa (A, E, G, H-1B, H-1C, H-4, I, K, L, NATO, O, R, S, T, TN, U, or V) Resident Tuition
International Student International student (holding a visa other than those listed above Non-Resident Tuition
Out-of-State Student Student residing in states which do not border Oregon Non-Resident Tuition

Note: A person eligible for benefits under the federal Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 (38 U.S.C Section 3301 et seq.) or any other federal law authorizing educational benefits to veterans shall be entitled to Oregon resident status for purposes of tuition and fees charged at Portland Community College.

Ways to Pay

These are the types of payment PCC accepts. You must have one of these payment arrangements in place by the payment due date or your course registrations may be deleted. If you are unable to attend, it is up to you to drop the class.

Payment in Full

You can pay your bill by the payment due date. We don't accept partial payments, or post-dated or two party checks.

Payment Plan

Our interest-free payment plans are a smart way to pay college costs. Payment plans allow you to spread the cost of your education into affordable monthly or bi-weekly payments. Sign up for payment plans on the Paying for College tab in MyPCC.

Financial Aid

Financial aid loans and grants are available to help with college costs. Check your status in the Financial Aid Dashboard in MyPCC. Review and accept your award by the payment due date, or choose another way to pay.

Oregon Promise

Oregon Promise provides grants for recent high school graduates and GED earners. Learn about eligibility requirements on the Oregon Promise portal.

Veterans Benefits

Veterans may be entitled to assistance with their college expenses as determined by the Veterans Administration (VA). Benefits may also be available for some spouses and dependents. Apply with the VA and certify your schedule with the Veterans Education Benefits Office. Students seeking to use Federal or State Tuition Assistance programs through the military will find more information on the PCC Active Duty, Reserve, and Guard page and should contact the Veterans Education Benefits Office for more information.

Students using any type of Federal Veterans Administration (VA) Education Benefit are required to create a file with the Veterans Education Benefits Office and have all prior credit history evaluated. It is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts from all previous colleges and submit them to the PCC Student Records Office.  A student’s first term of VA benefits may be certified while waiting for transcript evaluation, however no subsequent terms will be certified for VA Benefits until transfer credit evaluation is complete. All credits will be evaluated and transferred according to the policies stated in this catalog.

Students using VA Education Benefits or State or Federal Tuition Assistance must meet the PCC Veterans Education Benefits Office (VEBO) standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress.

PCC does not impose any penalties in the form of late fees, holds, requirements that students borrow additional funds, or restricted access to college resources, for students using Chapter 31 Veterans Retraining and Employment, or chapter 33 Post 9/11 VA Education Benefits, for at least 90 days following the certification of enrollment when the payment is late due to delayed disbursement by VA, provided the student request for certification is received by the first day of the term and any prior college transcripts have been evaluated as described above.

Third Party Billing

Many employers and agencies assist students with college costs. To have your bill paid by a third party, formal billing arrangements must be set up and approved by the college before the term begins.


The PCC Foundation and numerous other foundations and private donors provide scholarships to PCC students. If you are one of the fortunate recipients, your donor will send us a check and tell us what the scholarship covers.

AmeriCorps Vouchers

AmeriCorps is a program that provides tuition vouchers for volunteers in service to America. To redeem your AmeriCorps vouchers, you will need to request funds via the AmeriCorps online process.

Tuition Waivers

Some students are eligible for tuition waivers or belong to programs that will pay tuition as a benefit of participation.

Payment Restrictions

There may be charges on your account that are not covered by some types of payment. It's up to you to make sure your account is paid in full, even if someone else is paying your bill. A 10 day transcript hold is placed on payments received by check or e-check.

PCC does not accept the following:

  • Checks drawn on bank accounts outside of the U.S.A.
  • Two-party, post-dated and altered checks.
  • Payments in excess of the student's account balance.
  • Payments by wire and ACH unless they have been pre-arranged with the accounts receivable office.
  • Payments for less than the full amount due.

Late Payment

You must pay the full amount due by the due dates shown at If you don't pay by the due date, one or more of the following steps will be taken:

  • Deletion of your course registration.

  • Late fee. A late fee of up to 10% of your unpaid tuition and fees.

  • Financial hold. A financial hold will be placed on future registration and transcripts.

  • Collection of your past due balance by an outside agency. Accounts in collection are subject to additional charges and penalties.

Do not count on the college to remove you from classes - it is up to you to manage your own schedule and drop any courses you will be unable to attend. Find out how to drop a class.

Removing Tuition Charges

Charges are applied to your student account when you register for a class. All of the charges associated with a class will be removed if you drop the class by the drop deadline. No charges will be removed if you drop after the drop deadline. To drop a Community Education class, see the Community Education Refund/Drop Policy. If an extreme hardship prevented you from continuing your studies through the term, you may request a tuition voucher by filing an appeal with the college appeal committee. Your appeal must be received by the filing deadline and all past due amounts must be paid before your appeal will be considered.

Educational Tax Credits

The American Opportunity (Hope Credit extended) and the Lifetime Learning Credit are education credits that can help offset the costs of education. To determine your eligibility please consult your tax advisor. PCC staff cannot help with tax related questions.

If you plan to claim an educational tax credit, your tax identification number (TIN) or social security number (SSN) is required for tax reporting. To update your TIN or SSN go to the My Records link on MyPCC. A form 1098-T is available January 31 each year to students who were enrolled in credit courses. PCC delivers all 1098-T forms electronically via MyPCC. Students may access their forms online by selecting the desired tax year. Students who wish to receive a 1098-T form by mail must contact the student accounts office prior to the end of the tax year.